Functional Analyst – Brussels (Belgium) – Permanent Position
Our financial services client based in central Brussels are currently looking to expand their ICT department by hiring a Functional Analyst.
- Discuss with both internal & external stakeholders and clients to gauge a thorough understanding of key requirements, both relating to the business & its key technologies;
- Document requirements accurately, ensuring that you have a full understanding for what is needed, why this is, and the impact that they will have;
- Translate core requirements into clear functional design specifications for the creation of new systems, or the modification/improvement of existing systems & applications;
- Take into account crucial aspects of both security & privacy when performing the functional analyses;
- Keep abreast of current & upcoming changes in regulations relating to financial services which may have long-lasting & far-reaching impacts on the way the business & its clients operate.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up of projects which are carried out, including workshops providing training to colleagues about how to use new systems/applications, or where modifications/improvements have been made, demonstrating their use & effectiveness.
- University qualification (Bachelors and/or Masters) and/or professional accreditation in a relevant field, i.e. Computer Science, Accounting, Economics etc.;
- Good practical experience working as a Business Analyst and/or Functional Analyst, which can be backed up by professional references;
- Strong technical background, including interest in working with digital platforms and the ability to communicate effectively with developers, testers etc.;
- Interest in, and knowledge of, the financial sector, including some understanding of industry specific terms/regulations;
- Excellent communication ability, to be able to effectively liaise with different profiles within the company as well as external stakeholders;
- Fluent understanding of Dutch and/or French.
- Fluent English understanding;
- Recent industry specific experience.
- Excellent package on offer, including competitive salary, company car & insurances.
If you are interested please send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call me on +32 (0) 494/41 10 65. As always, we are open to recommendations, so please feel free to pass this on to other suitable candidates.